- WFXR / WWCW‚ the local FOX and CW affiliates in beautiful southwest Virginia‚ is looking for experienced Sales Account Executive to join our sales team.
- This position is responsible for generating advertising revenue by calling on established agencies‚ cold-calling new prospects and convincing potential clients of the merits of television advertising.
- Implements strategies to consistently grow revenue and exceed revenue goals.
- Establishes credible relationships with local business community.
- Makes sales calls on existing and prospective clients.
- Maintains assigned accounts and develops new accounts.
- Prepares and delivers sales presentations to clients.
- Explains to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
- Provides clients with information regarding rates for advertising placement in all media.
- Develops advertising schedules with clients and station personnel responsible for placing advertising into station media.
- Works with clients and station personnel to develop advertisements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing‚ Advertising or Mass Communications‚ or a related field‚ or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Minimum one year's experience in sales‚ preferably in the media field.
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
- Experience achieving long-range objectives and implementing the strategies and actions to achieve them.
- Proficiency with computers‚ telephones‚ copiers‚ scanners‚ fax machines and other office equipment.
If you like wild growth and working with happy‚ enthusiastic over-achievers‚ you’ll enjoy your career with us! https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/nexstar/job/VA-Roanoke/Account-Executive_REQ-381 EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled