As Richmond’s leading source of local news and information, we are proud to partner with local advertisers. We listen to our clients’ needs to drive meaningful business results. From shooting tv commercials, driving foot traffic, getting the phone to ring or increasing website visits - our sales team creates custom advertising solutions on-air and online.
We are hiring an experienced Sales Account Executive.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing an active account list generating $55K-$75K in commission.
- Developing new business by identifying opportunities with prospective clients, uncovering their needs, and creating advertising solutions that deliver results.
- Retaining and growing business through meaningful client relationships and white glove customer service.
- Organizing meetings to address client needs, media strategy, reporting and creative requirements.
Requirements and skills:
- Minimum one year’s experience in sales, preferably in the media field.
- Comfortable working in a non-salary commission sales role with uncapped income opportunity.
- Self-motivated with a focus on customer service and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills.
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office (including Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-selling environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
Compensation and benefits:
- Compensation range: $55K-$75K Draw plus commission with uncapped potential.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(K), and more.
- Paid vacation and holidays.
The WRIC Advertising Sales Account Executive works within established Sales Department guidelines to increase sales volume with assigned accounts, seeks new customers for both TV and digital business, executes plans and strategies set forth by sales management, maintains awareness of the competition, and maintains visibility in the community. Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.