WFXR/WWCW, the Nexstar owned FOX/CW, in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Roanoke, Virginia has an immediate opening for a highly motivated and experienced Production Manager. We are looking for an experienced, organized leader to help us hire, train, retain and grow our team. Successful candidate must have multi-market TV experience, management experience from the control room to studio and be willing to work in a team environment. Must have strong organization, interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work well under pressure and prioritize multiple projects.
- Manages all aspects of the Production Department.
- The Production Manager is responsible for directing at least one newscast a day and will fill in as needed in other roles.
- Plans and manages staffing, training, and performance evaluations for the Production Department, including Studio (non-talent) personnel
- Insures that staffing levels are cost effective and enough to meet the needs of the station
- Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion, and termination of employees
- Ensures station compliance with FCC broadcast rules and regulations
- Monitors broadcasts to ensure that programs conform to station quality standards, policies, and regulations
- Manages the use of studio and editing resources
- Trains employees in the use of equipment such as switchers, cameras, monitors, microphones, and lights
- Assigns projects to staff and verifies that deadlines are being met
- Acts as a liaison between the Engineering, News and Production Operations departments
- Performs various production duties when necessitated by employee absence or other exigent circumstances
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
- Technical degree in Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Minimum five years’ experience with digital electronics systems in a television broadcasting environment, with at least two years’ experience in a leadership role.
- Experience guiding, directing, and motivating subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
- Strong PC/MS Office experience.
- Experience with broadcast equipment and production environments, including cameras, control boards, audio equipment and editing systems.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled