Director of Radio Operations Job Description
Monticello Media is seeking a full-time Director of Radio Operations who will oversee the day-to-day operations of 5 community-oriented radio stations. The Director of Radio Operations will oversee, coordinate, and administer a range of operational and administrative activities in direct support of radio programming as well as participate in the development and administration of strategic and operating plans and evaluate programs for compliance with the overall mission of the stations.
· Oversee and coordinate the continuous, multifaceted daily operations of the radio station, ensuring compliance with broadcast standards, licensee policies and relevant federal state laws and regulations.
· Work closely with the GM to develop the vision/strategy for programming, marketing, and brands, digital and operations.
· Professionally engage with listeners and clients during the on-air shift, at events/remotes and in the community.
· Be a creative and collaborative member of our leadership team and positive coach/leader for our programming/production team.
· Work with independent contractors and brokered programming clients on production of their programs.
· Manage operations related licensing and compliance, including music licensing/broadcast schedules, promotional and commercial content for multiple stations to ensure goals and deadlines are met.
· Enjoy planning, resolving challenges and working in a fun and fast-paced team environment.
· Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· At least 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of businesses in a diverse community.
· Knowledge of and practical experience with audio automation systems.
· Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
· Ability to develop, plan and implement short- and long-range goals.
· Knowledge of FCC and other federal, state, and local broadcasting regulations.
Salary Range: $60,000 - $70,000
Full-Time Employee Benefits:
· Health Insurance
· Vision Insurance
· Dental Insurance
· Paid Time Off
Send resumes to Mike Chiumento, email@example.com
Monticello Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic or status.