It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they are doing! WAVY-TV 10 and FOX43, the number one rated media company in Hampton Roads, Virginia has an opening for a Reporter/Multimedia Journalist. WAVY has a reputation for winning breaking news coverage, using top shelf technology and resources like the only helicopter in the market, and getting people answers through our 10 On Your Side reporting.
The right candidate for this position will be able to break local stories by cultivating sources and serving the community. You will be responsible for generating sources, enterprising story ideas, and follow-ups. “Digital First” thinking is a must. The Reporter/MMJ will contribute to content on all platforms. The ability to shoot and edit your own stories is a plus.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field preferred
- 2 + years Reporter/MMJ experience
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required
- Superior on-air presence
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, and other office equipment
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Flexibility to work any shift including overnights and weekends
If you like growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Please apply online at https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar.
Please remember to include a link to your demo reel in your cover letter or resume (required).