Photojournalist in Training
WAVY TV has an opening in our News Department as a full time Photojournalist in training. Successful candidate will train as a WAVY News show editor, working with line producers, creating shows for our local newscasts.
- Candidate will also train as a photojournalist, working with a reporter and crafting news stories from the field.
- Learn from some of the best photojournalists, content creators and storytellers in the market.
- We work with standards and style set by the National Press Photographers Association and will help you take your news photography and editing to the next level.
Requirements & Skills:
- High school diploma (college preferred)
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Minimum one year experience operating video editing equipment
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
- Proficiency with video editing equipment
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Willing to work and all shifts, including early mornings, evenings, Holidays and weekends
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Photojournalist in Training must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, and work outdoors, and indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Photojournalist in Training must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Must be able to lift 60 pounds on a regular basis. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
If you want to improve your craft and join our award-winning news team, apply online at https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar . In addition to applying online, please email your resume to email@example.com
Please remember to upload a copy of your cover letter and resume.