WCAV in Charlottesville, VA, is currently recruiting content creators.
We are searching for multimedia journalists to fill current and future openings for our expanding news product. We need teammates who are superior at enterprising and producing compelling news stories and live shots. The ideal candidate will be creative, positive, and open-minded to learning every aspect of storytelling and broadcast news production.
- BA/BS in journalism, communications, or related field
- 2 years of experience preferred, open to recent graduates with strong internship experience
- Experience in videojournalism, writing, editing, and content management systems
- Understanding the tenets of professional journalism
- Ability to turn packages daily
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- Strong social media skills, including an active presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius, and LIVEU is a plus
- Producing experience a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
Charlottesville TV LLC is a proud member of the Lockwood Broadcast Group. Pre-employment drug screen, driving record, and background check required. No phone calls.
Please send cover letter and resume to Dan Schutte, News Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lockwood Broadcast Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. A pre-employment drug test is required along with a background screen as allowed by federal, state, and local laws and regulations.