The role of the Multi-Media Producer is critical to the success of our newsroom. This is an excellent opportunity for a digitally-focused candidate to get his or her career started in a state-of-the-art newsroom that cares about quality journalism.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Managing and creating content for our website, mobile and social media platforms; as well for tv
- Writing news stories under tight deadlines
- Sending breaking news push alerts
- Gathering information from public information officers, elected officials, sources, viewers and others by phone, email and through social media
- Monitoring police scanners and responding appropriately to developing events
- Basic video editing for all news platforms (tv, web/mobile, social)
- Working with staff and management to improve and grow key digital metrics and grow audience engagement
Employees are expected to be self-starters, able to work under tight deadlines and be a vocal part of a newsroom that has a heavy emphasis on digital. Must be a strong writer and copy editor with excellent editorial judgment, creative flair, time management and multi-tasking skills, ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events and the ability to prioritize and re-prioritize quickly. You should also have a practical knowledge of social media and ready to learn the next way to share and tell stories.
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- Open to recent graduates with strong internship experience
- Command of the tenets of professional journalism and AP Style
- Must have basic working knowledge of web design, content management systems and maintenance
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of Open Broadcast Software (OBS), Adobe Suite of products, image editing software, streaming video and video editing software
- Understanding of HTML coding a plus
- Employee must be able to learn how to use newsroom software and applications including ENPS and Frankly Media
Interested candidates should email news director Dan Schutte directly at email@example.com
Lockwood Broadcast Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Pre-employment drug test is required along with a background screen as allowed by federal, state, and local laws and regulations.