Mel Wheeler Inc. (WSLC, WXLK, WSLQ, WVBE, WFIR, WLNI, WPLY) has an opening for a Research, Sales and Admin Assistant on our staff. This position is primarily responsible for providing research and sales assistance to the sales staff and clients.
The ideal candidate should be an idea generator and a self-starter, always looking for creative ideas and research to assist clients. Candidates must be highly motivated with a strong work ethic, and the utmost in integrity. In addition to the skills and talents to do the job, the successful candidate should contribute to making the company a positive place to work for all staff members.
Job requirements include but are not limited to:
- Research of Nielsen Ratings to provide info for sales/clients and programming
- Developing research analysis of the latest Nielsen ratings utilizing Scarborough and Tapscan data
- Assisting Account Managers in finding and creating research for clients
- Developing presentations for Local and National Accounts
- Training of staff on Nielsen software and other applications
- Designing graphics for client presentations, digital ads and station marketing materials
- Providing Presentation material to the sales staff to assist in their sales efforts
- Assist in the execution of client and station promotions
Candidates should have:
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator
- College degree (preferred)
This high-energy position works closely with other departments and clients while juggling multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment. strong attention-to-detail, and ability to work in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment required. Duties may change as staff and client needs arise. In essence as a team member the role is to do whatever best contributes to the team.
To apply send cover letter and resume to:
VP of Sales
Mel Wheeler Inc.
At Nscott@wheelermediasolutions.com or to
3934 Electric Rd.
Roanoke, VA. 24018