Salem Media Group/Salem Surround in Washington DC has an exceptional opportunity for a qualified General Sales Manager for our six-station cluster and digital division. The ideal candidate will have an enthusiastic and outgoing personality along with a drive to succeed and excellent communication skills. This person is expected to consistently meet and exceed all budget categories.
- Maintain and grow accounts while developing new business
- Prospect, sell and lead the sales team in developing multimedia advertising plans incorporating radio commercials/programs, digital marketing solutions, and event sponsorships
- Recruit, hire, train and supervise a Sales team in accordance with company policy
- Provide weekly projection/forecast reports to General Manager
- Attend station and client promotions (outside of normal business hours)
- Other related duties as required
- Maintain a positive and energetic leadership style with high integrity, strong work ethic and ownership of outcomes
- 3-5 years of local media sales management experience preferred
- Proven track record of success in recruiting, hiring, and training sales professionals
- Proven record of meeting and exceeding sales objectives
- Proven ability to solve local advertiser’s marketing challenges with the appropriate marketing solutions
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Proficient in computer skills (Windows/PC, Microsoft Office)
- Proficient in analyzing market research, analyzing internal financial reports and sales budgeting
- Candidates must have a reliable, fully insured automobile, a valid driver’s license, and a clean driving record
- Applicants must agree to a background check
Salem Media Group is the leading U.S. radio broadcaster targeting audiences interested in conservative news talk and Christian and family-themed programming. We offer a competitive compensation package based upon experience and a comprehensive benefit package including paid holidays, paid vacation, and a 401K plan.
Come see how Salem is different and why we’ve been awarded as a “Great Place to Work” and as a “Best and Brightest” employer.” Salem Media Group is an equal opportunity employer.