Social and Site Distribution Producer
The Digital Social and Site Distribution Producer is responsible for developing and implementing a plan to generate inbound traffic from external sources and communicate our brand identity. The producer is the primary advocate for growing and directing off-platform participation among the editorial group. This hire will deliver content that grows audience across digital/mobile/TV for the local station(s) and company group. This person must be highly motivated with an ability to focus and re-focus on a constantly changing target. The candidate should understand nuances in tone for different audiences and brand identities -- sounding fun where able and respectful when required.
- Assists Digital Manager with developing and implementing social media strategy across all products
- Manages all social media accounts with understanding of each unique audience
- Executes on growing local newsletter strategy while tailoring tone to local needs
- Utilizes third-party tools to manage social posts across multiple accounts
- Shares high-performing successes across multiple markets and pitches external partners and sites for possible story promotion
- Observes SEO trends and provides feedback to reporters and producers
- Sends app alerts and desktop notifications timed for maximum reach
- Communicates regularly with other newsrooms to leverage unique offerings
- Reports on account and campaign metrics to inform future production strategies
- 2 years of experience as a social media producer
- Clever headline/social post writer that gets readers to click
- Ability to moderate tone voice to fit platform and brand needs
- Strong multi-tasking abilities
- Organized, technical problem solver and quick decision maker
- Knowledge of audience behavior trends and technical ability to affect them
- Ability to monitor and analyze metrics to change strategy as needed
- Knowledge of AP style
- Understanding of effective writing styles for internal and external audiences
- Some schedule flexibility (nights, weekends)
- Regularly meets measurements of success
- Proficiency in Photoshop and Premiere
The distribution producer will need to maintain awareness of external social media conversations and manage our own posts across all accounts through the day while also scheduling holdable content for off hours. Regular metric analysis and reporting will result in constant updates to strategy that need to be communicated, likely focusing on updated messaging to different groups weekly. This individual will also play a central role in the execution of our evolving newsletter strategy.
Measurements of success:
- Increases audiences across all main external audience channels
- Growth in social media participation throughout editorial
- Higher referral traffic to our digital products from external domains
- Management has established KPIs that will be measured
Apply online at https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar.
To be considered for this job you must apply online. Please remember to upload a copy of your cover letter and resume.