Director of Sales, WAVY-TV/WVBT (Nexstar Broadcasting) Norfolk, Virginia
Nexstar’s duopoly of WAVY-TV (NBC) / WVBT (FOX), is looking for a Director of Sales. WAVY/WVBT is seeking a strategic thinking, business-minded, dynamic leader, who is passionate about television and digital. We need a solid leader who will be responsible for leading and implementing initiatives to grow revenue through providing value to broadcast and digital customers. The individual must possess strong leadership skills and will play an important role in the development and implementation of sales strategies and staff leadership. This position requires an individual with a proven record of accomplishment in team development and staff motivation.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Minimum three-five years of media sales experience
- Minimum of 3 years of television sales management experience and be genuinely committed to developing new customers. Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record
- Experience guiding, directing and motivating personnel, including setting and monitoring performance standards
- Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, and other office equipment
- Experience with Wide Orbit Traffic, Strata, Matrix, and comScore is preferred
- Provides leadership for the broadcast/digital sales teams
- Performs as a team-building communicator who will increase developmental and transactional sales by setting strategic goals and working collaboratively with Account Executives and across the management team.
- Manages recruitment, training, evaluation, and development of sales professionals.
- Develops and executes sales strategies which result in exceeding revenue targets in local, new business and digital revenue
- Current expertise in digital sales including mobile will differentiate the best candidates.
- Manages inventory and revenue forecasting
- Drives new business development
- Performs Market pricing and forecasting
- Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees
- Prepares budgets and approves budget expenditures.
- Manages Accounts Receivables
- Develops and cultivates client relationships alongside Account Executives
- Specific experience in selling local lifestyle shows is a plus
- Performs other duties as assigned
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Director of Sales must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct fact-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
To be considered for this position you must apply online at https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar.