WAVY-TV 10 / WVBT FOX 43 News is searching for a hands-on, aggressive journalist for the position of EXECUTIVE PRODUCER. The successful candidate will have a proven track record as a newscast producer who desires to coach and mentor our producing staff to the next level.
Job requirements include daily editorial supervision of assigned newscasts. We’re looking for a creative, imaginative leader who can teach and preach excellent production values, showcasing and writing. The successful candidate will work closely with reporters on daily story development, working with newscast producers to showcase stories, working with the assignment desk to dispatch crews efficiently and aggressively, helping the weather team to tell the day’s weather story, partnering with web producers to produce online content, and acting as 10 On Your Side brand manager.
The successful candidate also will be required to line produce as needed, help manage producer staff schedules, give regular feedback to members of the news team, and work with other news managers to constantly refine and improve the entire newsroom operation. We are looking for someone who is passionate about journalism and journalists and has a team-first mentality.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, TV/film or the equivalent
- At least 5 years’ experience in television or radio broadcast/production
- Previous managerial experience preferred
- Must be able to interact well with video journalists, anchors, videographers, news managers, production and engineering staff
- Detail oriented
- Excellent verbal, written, and analytical skills
- Strong news judgment, journalistic integrity and understanding of viewer needs and expectations
- Utilize state-of-the-art television technology
- Willing and able to work all shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Executive Producer must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Executive Producer must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
To be considered for this position, you must apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar
Please remember to upload a copy of your resume and include a link to your work.