WHSV-TV is searching for our next anchor/producer to take our highly-rated 10:00p.m. and 11:00p.m. newscasts to the next level. You need to be dedicated to serving up fresh content, passionate about storytelling, be commanding during breaking news and provide direction to our evening news staff. Oh, did we mention we're building a state-of-the-art studio perfect for a Rockstar journalist to shine? Yep! It's all yours if you're committed to local journalism with the goal of making our viewers want to watch the news every night.
This solo anchor spot is a high-profile position – not only within our newsroom but our community, too. We need somebody who can be a mentor to our news staff and maintain a positive image in the community by being engaging in local events and organizations. We want you if you can live up to our 'Working Hard For You' brand. Yes – we're looking for the full package!
You will produce/anchor our 10:00 p.m. newscast which airs on FOX and our 11:00 p.m. newscast which is simulcast on our ABC and CBS stations.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of one year experience producing and anchoring and/or a background in reporting. Proficiency with ENPS is a plus.
Duties/Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Produce and anchor our weeknight 10:00 p.m. & 11 p.m. newscasts.
- Find creative ways to showcase a newscast.
- Oversee news content.
- Publish content on our digital platforms (Website, news app, social media)
- Evaluate news assignments, leads and tips in order to develop story ideas.
- Covers breaking news or special reports in the field as necessary.
- Makes public appearances on behalf of the station.
- One year experience of producing or anchoring preferred
- A broadcast communications/journalism degree is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a MUST!
- Ability to swiftly handle breaking news on-air, online and behind the scenes
- Strong copy-editing skills to maintain a concise, journalistic writing style
- Must be a go-getter who has the ability to work well under pressure
- Must be a self-motivator who demonstrates good news judgment and decision making
- Maintain a positive attitude and work environment
- Employment is contingent on a motor vehicle background check