Alpha Media – Fredericksburg is seeking an exceptional and experienced Full-Time Operations Manager who will be accountable for all programming, production and computer technology for the market stations. The successful candidate will be involved in strategic and tactical programming decisions and will be heavily engaged in the selection and managing of staff.
Alpha Media is a diverse multimedia company sharing your favorite music, sports and news across a variety of platforms. Whether it’s on your phone, desktop, tablet, Alexa, Google Home or in your car, our stations will enhance your journey. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world-class events, and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media operates multiple radio stations across the United States covering all formats.
We are live, local, and can’t wait to talk to you!
Responsibilities for this position may include:
- Has a clear vision of company on-air and digital objectives;
- Ensures that company objectives drive local market efforts;
- Inspires and leads the creative process;
- Afternoon shift on our country station, 93.3 WFLS
- Supervises daily operations in programming and research efforts;
- Works in conjunction with Promotions department to develop brand identity for each station;
- Recruits, hires, trains and supervises support personnel;
- Provides regular performance feedback to staff
Requirements of this position include the following:
- Knowledge of all applicable FCC and IRS regulations and reporting procedures
- Knowledge of EEO and labor laws
- Computer literacy in applicable programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem-solving ability and skill in prioritizing
- Ability to interact with management and staff at all level
- Ability to multi-task and handle pressures and deadlines
Preference may be given to candidates who have the above experience plus the following:
- Demonstrated leadership and success in strategic programming
We’d love to hear a sample of your work! If you would like to send a demo, include the link to your website in your cover letter. If you do not have a website, upload your demo in YouTube and provide the link.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a fast moving, growing entity submit your cover letter and resume ASAP by clicking the Apply button at https://www.alphamediausa.com/careers/.
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.