Full time Assistant Chief Engineer position available for an exciting opportunity with WVTF/Radio IQ. Great salary and benefits. Freedom to set your own hours and travel the coverage area of Virginia.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for working with the Chief Engineer on all technical operations and to be ready, willing and capable of assuming all of those duties in his/her absence
- Will be in charge of all remote transmitter (9), translator (13), and STL repeater sites (5) include maintaining all station assets and equipment at these sites, including all electronics, emergency power plants, HVAC systems, and physical structures
- Assists with maintenance of the main WVTF studio equipment and facilities, including all terrestrial, internet, and radio reading service broadcast functions
- Consults with and provides training to the radio station's personnel about the station's technical operation
- Monitors daily operations to ensure legal compliance with the rules and regulations of the Federal Communications Commission
WVTF Public Radio is owned and licensed by the Virginia Tech Foundation. All staff at WVTF are employed by Virginia Tech. Virginia Tech is an EOE employer.
Click the link below to apply: