The Technical Media Producer has the general responsibility for directing live or pre-recorded productions as assigned, monitoring station’s on-air signals, transmitter, and FCC logs, and ingesting daily programming and commercials. Regular assignments will involve directing specific newscasts, misc. station productions, and various elements for the web channel. The shift will primarily be Wednesday through Sunday 3pm to midnight. Other days and hours may be required, including holidays. Consistent tardiness will not be tolerated, and candidate must have suitable transportation to work, including during inclement weather conditions. The successful candidate will possess strong communication and people skills and an operating knowledge of PCs.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Operating: Ross Overdrive automation, Ross production video switcher, MCR / Harris automation, Platinum House routing system, VizRT graphics, Adobe Photoshop.
Successful candidate will operate supporting equipment in Production/Master Control - including the ability to effectively perform operations with robotic camera, prompter, audio and a working knowledge of in-house web production.
• Direct live and pre-recorded productions as assigned for WHSV
• Understanding of FCC broadcast regulations
• Occasional operation of Edius editing software
• Work with ENPS, newsroom computer system
• Understanding of all equipment in studios and production areas
• Dedication to care of equipment
• Work closely with all other departments to meet all daily demands
• Training of new personnel as assigned
• Assist in maintaining clean studios and production areas
• Variable work schedule due to changing shifts, turnover, station projects, etc.
• Other Duties as Assigned