WHSV-TV is accepting resumes for a full-time MMJ to work out of our main Harrisonburg newsroom and be among the first to report from our state-of-the-art studio debuting this fall. We are looking for a news junkie who comes to the table with enterprise stories, develops sources, dominates breaking news and embraces all aspects of the storytelling process - enterprising, shooting, writing, editing, and presenting on camera.
Duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Write, shoot, and edit stories on your own for newscasts and website.
- Post and regularly update stories and other material on digital platforms.
- Use social media sites (i.e. Facebook and Twitter) to report stories and interact with viewers.
- Research, gather, & provide information in the most accurate, appealing, timely & creative way using all resources.
- Develop and maintain sources of information and knowledge about assignments for daily enterprise story pitches.
- Participate in story selection process through meetings, and contribute story ideas daily.
- Demonstrate sound news judgment, collaborate with others to present the story in the best way.
- Present TV stories in alternative and creative ways that emphasize storytelling techniques.
- Ability to lift 35-40lbs of gear.
- Recognize that he/she is a high-profile representative of our news organization in the community and conduct himself/herself in a professional and cordial manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.