WSKY (SKY4 TV) / Lockwood Digital seeks a qualified candidate for the ASSISTANT SALES MANAGER position. This position will be a hybrid role – Sales Account Executive & Manager in Training for WSKY Sales & Lockwood Digital. The successful applicant possesses a strong passion for selling marketing campaigns, enjoys staying up-to-date with its evolution, and thrives in a customer-focused team environment. They will also be adept in developing impactful relationships with coworkers and advertisers at the decision-making level. As our Assistant Sales Manager, it is the expectation that you will work primarily at the station as well as away from the station, meeting with clients and attending sales calls.
Account Executive Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain direct relationships with clients and agencies while driving revenue and achieving monthly goals for TV and digital sales.
- Manage and grow transactional business with current customers
- Prospect and close new business for WSKY-TV & Lockwood Digital
- Hit monthly, quarterly, and annual budget goals.
- Prepare, schedule and deliver sales presentations for TV and digital campaigns.
- Manage Monthly Accounts Receivable with current customers
- Provide weekly report detailing activity with current and prospective customers.
- Attend occasional promotional events as a representative of WSKY TV / Lockwood Digital
Assistant Sales Manager Responsibilities:
Work with General Manager to learn about the broadcast/digital industry & Lockwood Broadcast Group culture to be able to:
- Regularly meet with local sales team, including group and individual meetings, to ensure their professional development and success with stated goals.
- Meet with clients to develop/strengthen business relationships and drive client retention.
- Stay current on digital advertising trends, and lead digital sales training weekly.
- Develop and manage digital sales initiatives to achieve revenue goals
- Develop and generate non-traditional revenue and new sales initiatives.
- Ensure that all necessary sales presentations are comprehensive and available in advance of the selling window.
- Support local sales team in developing sales presentations.
- Work in partnership with Department Heads to achieve stated and strategic goals.
- Maintain current and accurate revenue forecasts by account.
- Review and approve new insertion orders; ensure orders in Wide Orbit Traffic reflect these IOs accurately.
- Manage digital campaign performance and reporting via weekly meetings and 24/7 dashboard access.
- Be flexible and responsive to dynamic business conditions and station business needs.
- Provide weekly report updates on current revenue and projected revenue to achieve station goals.
- Oversee account receivables for local sales team to ensure payments are received prior to deadlines.
- Manage monthly sales commissions.
- Attend community events and business functions as an emissary for the station and company.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in marketing and management.
- Ability to prospect, meet with, and close business with new station clients.
- Possess the skills to manage and supervise others.
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach/mentor them.
- Punctuality to meet deadlines and meeting start times.
- Must be willing to work in Hampton Roads VA and Northeastern NC regions.
- Television and digital advertising sales experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor’s degree in advertising & marketing is preferred.
- Strong formal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office’s software suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency with Wide Orbit Traffic and Wide Orbit Media Sales software preferred.
- College degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business or Communications preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
WSKY TV & Lockwood Digital, a part of Lockwood Broadcast Group, is located in the Norfolk-Portsmouth-Newport News, VA DMA (Market # 46). We proudly serve our local community with affordable broadcast television and digital marketing solutions that help local businesses succeed and grow through our experience, creativity, and unparalleled commitment to customer service. WSKY TV & Lockwood Digital provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Pre-employment drug test is required along with a background screen as allowed by federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Qualified applicants can e-mail their resume to Kathy Yevak, email@example.com.