WVBW Virginia Beach/ Norfolk 100.5 The Vibe is first Urban Adult Hits Radio station in the country is looking for its FIRST Midday Star! Max Media Virginia has a remarkable opportunity for someone to join the family.
The right person for this position will create and deliver exceptional content on-air and online, demonstrating a passionate desire to love and connect with listeners and help them enjoy VA BIGGEST Playlist of 80’s, 90’s and 2000’s Throwbacks.
If you’re ready to join a talented cluster of people in a popular and growing market that was ranked 43 in the top 50 best places to live in America (A ranking from the survey company Niche.com June 2021), we encourage you to apply.
Please include a link to your air-check/media sample with your application (preferred)
What will I do in this position?
Essential job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as the midday host for WVBW, weekdays from 10AM- 3PM.
- Daily prepare and deliver exceptional show content for use on air and digital platforms that entertains the Vibe Listener.
- Host one weekend tracked air shift weekly.
- Expand the reach of show content on WVBW digital platforms through creative collaboration with Program Director.
- Voice commercial spots.
- Serve with 100.5 The Vibe team to represent the station through live appearances at station events and concerts.
- Help with PSA events that the station is involved in.
- Participate in required staff meetings and other station functions.
- Assist with special projects and miscellaneous department duties as requested by the Program Director.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with ability to interact with staff, listeners, and donors in a professional, kind, and tactful manner
- Excellent on-air personality and speaking skills
- Ability to plan and execute an entertaining live program, incorporating production elements and promos
- Ability to respond and react to time-sensitive situations skillfully and professionally
- Ability to work independently without close supervision and as part of a team
- Ability to take initiative and work in an organized fashion, completing projects accurately and within predetermined deadlines
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as it pertains to special events
- Ability to host events, speak in public, and represent the station in a variety of settings
- Knowledge and understanding of programming clocks and schedules
- Knowledge and understanding of FCC rules and regulations as it pertains to broadcast stations
- Knowledge and understanding of legal and technical aspects of broadcasting
- Intermediate computer proficiency
- Ability to pass a background check upon hire and periodically throughout the course of employment
Max Media of Hampton Roads is an Equal Opportunity Employer