WFXR/WWCW, the local FOX and CW affiliates in Roanoke, VA has an opening for a production assistant to join our team.
The Production Assistant is responsible for various television production duties required to record scenes for live and recorded broadcasts.
- Composes and frames camera shots, applying the technical aspects of light, lenses and camera settings to achieve the effects sought by directors
- Adjusts positions and controls of cameras to change focus, exposure and lighting as requested by the director
- Operates studio cameras during live broadcasts
- Operates remote cameras during live broadcasts
- Confers with directors and other crew members to discuss sequences, desired effects, camera movements and lighting requirements
- Sets up cameras and related equipment
- Tests, cleans, maintains and repairs camera equipment
- Produces graphics for newscast
- Creates graphics for the newscast
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.