WSKY (SKY4 TV) / Lockwood Digital seeks a proven Digital Sales Manager to provide energized leadership for our digital sales initiatives. The successful applicant possesses a strong passion for digital marketing strategies and enjoys staying up-to-date with its evolution, and thrives in a customer-focused team environment. They will also be adept in developing impactful relationships with coworkers and advertisers at the decision-making level. As our DSM, it is the expectation that you will work primarily at the station as well as away from the station, meeting with clients and attending sales calls. You will have capabilities for zoom/video conference meetings as needed.
- Develop and manage digital sales initiatives to achieve revenue goals
- Regularly meet with local sales team, including group and individual meetings, to ensure their professional development and success with stated goals.
- Meet with clients to develop/strengthen business relationships and drive client retention.
- Stay current on digital advertising trends, and lead digital sales training weekly.
- Consistently evaluate seller performance and provide feedback.
- Develop/strengthen business relationships with key station vendors.
- Develop and generate non-traditional revenue and new sales initiatives.
- Ensure that all necessary sales presentations are comprehensive and available in advance of the selling window.
- Support local sales team in developing sales presentations.
- Work in partnership with Department Heads to achieve stated and strategic goals.
- Maintain current and accurate revenue forecasts by account.
- Review and approve new insertion orders; ensure orders in Wide Orbit Traffic reflect these IOs accurately.
- Manage digital campaign performance and reporting via weekly meetings and 24/7 dashboard access.
- Be flexible and responsive to dynamic business conditions and station business needs.
- Provide weekly report updates on current revenue and projected revenue to achieve station goals.
- Oversee account receivables for local sales team to ensure payments are received prior to deadlines.
- Manage monthly digital sales commissions.
- Assist GM and Director of Digital in overseeing sky4tv.com website using WordPress platform.
- Attend community events and business functions as an emissary for the station and company.
- Travel and perform other duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Digital marketing and management.
- Ability to prospect, meet with, and close business with new station clients.
- Possess the skills to manage and supervise others.
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach/mentor them.
- Punctuality to meet deadlines and meeting start times.
- Strong formal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office’s software suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency with Wide Orbit Traffic and Wide Orbit Media Sales software preferred.
- College degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business or Communications preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
WSKY TV & Lockwood Digital, a part of Lockwood Broadcast Group, is located in the Norfolk-Portsmouth-Newport News, VA DMA (Market # 46). We proudly serve our local community with affordable broadcast television and digital marketing solutions that help local businesses succeed and grow through our experience, creativity, and unparalleled commitment to customer service. WSKY TV & Lockwood Digital provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Pre-employment drug test is required along with a background screen as allowed by federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Qualified applicants can e-mail their resume to Kathy Yevak, email@example.com.