WCAV-TV CBS19, in Charlottesville, Virginia, has an immediate opening for a Business Office Coordinator. The right candidate must be a reliable self-started who is organized and detail-oriented and able to excel in a fast-paced environment.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Collect checks, process a registry for those checks, and send checks and registry to the Richmond Office.
- Process business items to Corporate or Richmond Offices.
- Work with Business Department in Richmond and Account Executives on accounts receivables including working on collection efforts and process with business staff and Account Executives.
- Work with Business Department in Richmond and other staff as needed in executing all aspects of business functions.
- Ensure compliance to administrative policies notifying General Manager of any issues and working with General Manager on solutions.
- Onboard new staff and process new hire paperwork.
- Download spots to Master Control ensuring cross checking of dub list.
- Perform log fill duties.
- Process Purchase Requisitions, Check Requests, and invoices while supporting staff as needed to coordinate the Accounts Payable process.
- Work on TV spot tracking and co-op processing.
- Reconcile station logs.
- Enter orders and provide sales support for pre and post logs and sales adjustments.
- Gather and compile station vacancies and hiring information for EEO report to send to Richmond.
- Greet visitors or callers and handle their inquiries or direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Perform general administrative duties related to smooth functioning of station.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma (or GED or high school equivalence certificate) required
- Associate’s degree or some college courses preferred
- Pleasant, calm personality that deals well with the public
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Internet navigation required
- Ability to prioritize and meet daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly deadlines with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivation and strong attention to detail
- Highest level of professionalism with the ability to maintain confidentiality
Qualified applicants should apply directly to Mark Kurtz, General Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please. Lockwood Broadcast Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
Lockwood Broadcast Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Pre-employment drug test is required along with a background screen as allowed by federal, state, and local laws and regulations.