WFXR/WWCW, the local FOX and CW affiliates in Roanoke, VA is looking for Sales Account Executives to join our sales team. In this position, you will call on established agencies, cold-calling new prospects and work with potential clients of the merits of television advertising.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ask questions to determine the needs of our existing clients and new businesses.
- Develop and present marketing plans in person or remotely.
- Explain how advertising connects buyers with the businesses that have what they’re looking for.
- After your sales, you’ll work with our creative team to develop and execute the vision you and your client created.
- Maintain your relationships and help your partners grow.
What’s in it for you:
- Unlimited earning potential – good commission rates and bonuses
- Reliable bi-weekly paychecks
- Great benefits – Medical, dental, vision, 401k, legal support and more
- Advanced sales training, equipment, and support
- Work in a glamorous industry, meet business leaders, and develop local connections!
Additional Job Duties
- Implements strategies to consistently grow revenue and exceed revenue goals.
- Establishes credible relationships with local business community.
- Makes sales calls on existing and prospective clients.
- Maintains assigned accounts and develops new accounts.
- Prepares and delivers sales presentations to clients.
- Explains to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
- Provides clients with information regarding rates for advertising placement in all media.
- Develops advertising schedules with clients and station personnel responsible for placing advertising into station media.
- Works with clients and station personnel to develop advertisements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Minimum one year’s experience in sales, preferably in the media field.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Experience achieving long-range objectives and implementing the strategies and actions to achieve them.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
To apply, visit our website at wfxrtv.com.
WFXR/WWCW Nexstar Media Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.