Alpha Media – Fredericksburg, Virginia is seeking a full-time Promotions Coordinator to coordinate station promotions, live events, social media, and the street team staff. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter with the ability to take direction, possess excellent communication and customer service skills, and enjoy working in a team environment that is dynamic, fast paced, and deadline driven. Reporting to the Promotions Director, the Promotions Coordinator will coordinate all promotional activity both on and off air for the station group; assist with websites and social networking, and maintain station branding materials. The ideal candidate for this position should also have previous on-air experience.
Alpha Media is a diverse multimedia company sharing your favorite music, sports and news across a variety of platforms. Whether it’s on your phone, desktop, tablet, Alexa, Google Home or in your car, our stations will enhance your journey. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world-class events, and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media operates multiple radio stations across the United States covering all formats.
We are live and local and can’t wait to talk to you!
Responsibilities of this position may include the following:
- Manage promotional requests with the Programming and Sales departments.
- Assist with Social Media strategy.
- Ensure station is in FCC compliance for contests, promotions, events, rules, etc.
- Interface with Account Executives and Market Manager on a daily basis.
- Collaborate with team in generating promotional ideas; be available for meetings with any and all departments.
- Assist with station websites to include regular interface with Digital Department.
- Manage prizes and contests with station, winners, and front desk personnel.
- Manage station merchandise.
- Manage interns and part-time Street Team staff, including hiring and training.
- Maintain station vehicles, cameras, and all supplies within the department.
- Other duties as assigned by the Promotions Director and consistent with the position.
Requirements for this position include the following:
- Extremely organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional, friendly, personable, enthusiastic, and outgoing.
- Ability to multi-task and handle constantly evolving deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Experience in supervising staff a plus.
- Ability to work closely with high level clients and management.
- Able to self-manage.
- Proficiency in G Suite, Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Word. WordPress and Photoshop is a plus.
- Available and willing to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when necessary.
- Must be available via phone and/or email after business hours.
- This position requires a valid Driver’s License and current auto insurance.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a fast moving, growing entity submit your cover letter and resume ASAP by clicking the Apply button.
Apply at www.alphamediacareers.com.
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.