WMRA Public Radio at James Madison University is seeking an Account Executive to join the radio sales team. The successful candidate will be a driven sales professional who takes initiative to secure significant business, non-profit and corporate foundation support for WMRA’s operating budget.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meeting established sales goals.
- Identifying and contacting prospects to secure underwriting revenue.
- Preparing sales proposals and drafting underwriting copy.
- Maintaining and upgrading existing relationships with underwriting clients.
- Representing WMRA at community and station events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous outside sales experience
- Enthusiasm for sales and promotion
- Ability to communicate in an outgoing and friendly manner, in both verbal and written formats
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Word and Outlook
- Familiarity with public radio programming is a plus
- Familiarity with Nielsen ratings and FCC regulations for noncommercial radio underwriting is a plus
To learn more and to apply, go to joblink.jmu.edu and reference posting S2661, or go directly to https://joblink.jmu.edu/postings/11957. Position is open until filled. Pay range: $45,000 - $55,000.