If you are an experienced sales executive excited about media and entertainment, we have a great opportunity for you at ABC8 & WRIC.com. We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic results-oriented Marketing Consultant to join our team. We are an industry leading broadcast and digital company creating effective marketing campaigns for our clients. We will provide you with a list of billing accounts as we train you. If you are a competitor looking to move up, enjoy meeting people and asking for their business, goal-oriented individual, and New Business Development is in your DNA, then we want to talk with you.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Veterans.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage active accounts with advertising agencies and local direct clients.
- Implement strategies to continually grow revenue and exceed revenue goals.
- Develop assigned accounts and cultivate new business relationships.
- Establish credible partnerships within the local business community.
- Educate prospects and clients on various forms of advertising to best reach their targeted audience.
- Prepare and deliver researched and well thought out strategic advertising plans.
- Sell solutions across all of our platforms: television, digital, social media, promotions and creative services.
- Maintain close communications at various stages in the sales cycle including account updates, weekly projections & forecasting of future advertising.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising or Communications, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
- Minimum three years’ experience in sales, preferably in the media field.
- Experience with the Wide Orbit Sales & Traffic system, Monarch/Matrix CRM software, and various research databases (Nielsen, ComScore, Prime Lingo, AdIntel, Rhiza) would be preferred.
- Proven track record in achieving long range objectives and implementing the strategies and actions to achieve them.
- Valid driver's license and reliable vehicle.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Senior Sales Account Executive must be able to sit, reach, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. The Senior Sales Account Executive must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment or items weighing up to 25 pounds.
Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-employment evaluation, investigative background check, employment/education verifications and reference checks.