The Digital Executive Producer directs the overall editorial presentation of WRIC’s digital properties. Principle responsibilities include managing digital content producers, digital reporters. and the rest of the digital staff. Understanding newsroom workflow, task delegation and assignment abilities are paramount. This is a key newsroom management position essential for the daily digital execution of the brand. This position reports directly to the News Director.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Veterans.
- Manage content display across desktop and mobile
- Be a newsroom leader
- Be a fixture in the morning and afternoon editorial meetings
- Contribute content to relevant events and/or stories as needed
- Assist with special project/sweeps planning & execution
- Work irregular/odd hours and available to work weekends and holidays
- Think strategically about developing the digital audiences and online capacities of newsroom
- Help develop new opportunities to expand news brand and services while utilizing new and emerging technologies
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by management
- Assist in managing sales content elements that have strong revenue potential and web user interest.
- Live streaming knowledge
- Work in tandem with News Director and other news managers
- Execute breaking news – including push alerts, social media, email alerts
- Develop and maintain new sections of the web site as news coverage dictates
- Plan for the long-term growth of the sites, sets priorities and plans coverage for major events
- Manage social media – station staff posts and moderation of user comments
- Passion for local news
- Innovative, user-focused, and full of creativity and initiative
- Strong editorial judgment
- At least three years’ experience; one-year news personnel management experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experienced with content management systems
- Able to edit video and images
- Working knowledge of web standards and protocols
- Ability to understand and use state-of-the-art broadcast and digital technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication/Journalism or related degree preferred.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: High stress environment with deadline pressures and the demands of breaking news, which can happen at any time. Some travel may be required. The Digital Executive Producer must be able to sit, conduct phone conversations, use email, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.