Do you like a job that allows you to "do it all"? If so, WHSV has an exciting opportunity on our morning newscast "Daybreak"! This role allows you to get a taste of producing, reporting and anchoring on both broadcast and digital. If you are a team player and love news, this is the job for you. This newly created position on our morning show "Daybreak" allows you to be heavily involved with content. Here's an overview:
- A Broadcast Communications/Journalism degree - Strong editing skills and a concise, journalistic writing style as well as the ability to respond swiftly to breaking news and unfold events are a must.
- Must be a "morning person". This shift is from 4:00a.m.-1:00p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Must be a self-motivator, able to meet tight deadlines.
- Having strong verbal and written communication skills are a MUST!
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Demonstrates good news judgment and decision making.
- Maintain a positive attitude and work environment.
- Employment is contingent on a pre-employment drug screen and motor vehicle background.
Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.