Technical Media Producer:
The Technical Media Producer has the general responsibility for directing live or pre-recorded productions as assigned, monitoring station’s on-air signals, transmitter, and FCC logs, and ingesting daily programming and commercials. Regular assignments will involve directing specific newscasts, misc. station productions, and various elements for the web channel. The shift will primarily be Wednesday through Sunday 3pm to midnight. Other days and hours may be required, including holidays. Consistent tardiness will not be tolerated, and candidate must have suitable transportation to work, including during inclement weather conditions. The successful candidate will possess strong communication and people skills and an operating knowledge of PCs.
WHSV’s primary station is an affiliate of the ABC Television Network. The Station offers the very best in syndicated programming and locally produced News and Public Affairs Programming. In fact, WHSV-TV’s News is the only locally originating television news in the Harrisonburg Market. News gathering efforts are enhanced by a full-time News Bureau in Augusta County. The Valley’s FOX signed on as a multicast of the primary station in 2006. In October 2012, we moved this station to its own primary channel,WSVF. The Valley’s FOX now broadcasts in full high definition. A 10 pm news was added in January 2012. Our local CBS station, CBS the V, was also added in October 2012. This station branded as The V, its call letters ESVF. My Valley-METV is a multicast of the primary channel featuring the best of classic TV and local news re-airs. WHSV-TV serves the Central Shenandoah Valley of VA & Eastern WVA.
Successful candidate will operate supporting equipment in Production/Master Control - including the ability to effectively perform operations with robotic camera, prompter, audio and a working knowledge of in-house web production.
- Direct live and pre-recorded productions as assigned for WHSV
- Understanding of FCC broadcast regulations
- Occasional operation of Edius editing software
- Work with AVID iNEWS, newsroom computer system
- Understanding of all equipment in studios and production areas
- Dedication to care of equipment
- Work closely with all other departments to meet all daily demands
- Training of new personnel as assigned
- Assist in maintaining clean studios and production areas
- Variable work schedule due to changing shifts, turnover, station projects, etc.
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time.
- Good or corrected hearing and vision.
- Good English speaking skills, the ability to speak clearly.
- Ability to carry moderately heavy equipment, cameras, tripods, monitors (greater than 50 lbs.).
- Possibility of in working extreme weather conditions.
- Potential exposure to high noise or unusual light levels.
- Ability to work on studio lighting fixtures on a ladder – higher than 10 ft.
- Work schedule will vary due to production/operation demands, or possible permanent schedule changes.
- Work assignments will at times include morning, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Regular and reasonable work attendance required. Consistent tardiness will not be tolerated.
Employment is contingent on a pre-employment drug screen.
Apply online at https://www.gray.tv/applynow. WHSV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company. EOE