WSET has an immediate opening for a creative News Producer! In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day production of our newscasts. This position will also work closely with the Executive Producer, Director, Assistant News Director and Anchors on the newscast and its content. In this position you will determine the content and flow of newscasts, work with management and on-air staff to generate and write stories and develop content for our web site. Shift TBD. Must be willing to work all shifts.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Solid news judgment
- Be a compelling and accurate writer, on all platforms (TV and Digital)
- Be able to multitask and manage time in order to put together an exciting and informative newscast
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- The ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts
- Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving abilities are a must
- Proficient with newsroom systems, such as iNews and non-linear editing (i.e. Avid).
- Must be willing to work all shifts, including nights, weekends and overnights
- Must have at least some previous news producing experience at a commercial TV station or college station, although the right entry-level candidate may be considered
- A journalism degree is preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!