WSET ABC 13 in Lynchburg, Virginia has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Chief Photographer to lead our staff of Photographers and Multimedia Journalists (MMJs). We are looking for a leader who knows how to tell great stories with video and sound, and can inspire excellence from the staff. Our Chief Photographer manages, evaluates, and develops a team of photographers and MMJs. Along with daily news gathering, the Chief Photographer is responsible for recruiting and training staff photographers and editors, utilizing our SAT truck, working as a visual observer and/or pilot for our drone (SKY 13) and ensuring vehicle and equipment maintenance is being performed regularly.
Candidate must be able to perform the following:
- Provide constructive feedback on shooting and editing of videographers and MMJs
- Train staff on ENG truck and Live U operation
- Assist News Director with hiring and scheduling of staff
- Creative editing on Avid system
- Must have at least three (3) years of television news photography and non-linear editing experience
- Must also be professional, organized, and highly motivated
- Degree in a related field preferred
- Knowledge and experience with television news photography is required
- Technical knowledge of SAT vehicles, LIVE U, and AVID editing is a must
- The ability to work independently and be able to gather and meet news deadlines is required
While completing the online application, please include a recent web link of your work.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
About the Team
Apply Online! https://edyy.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_2002/job/5327/?utm_medium=jobshare