Alpha Media – Fredericksburg is seeking an experienced Promotions Manager for our local stations. The ideal candidate will be experienced in event planning and promotions, have a strong marketing background, and a passion for creativity.
Alpha Media is a diverse multimedia company sharing your favorite music, sports and news across a variety of platforms. Whether it’s on your phone, desktop, tablet, Alexa, Google Home or in your car, our stations will enhance your journey. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world-class events, and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media operates multiple radio stations across the United States covering all formats.
We are live, local, and can’t wait to talk to you!
Responsibilities of this position may include the following:
· Plan and coordinate station events.
- Update station websites and social media accounts.
- Track all station contests and over the air giveaways including Promo Suite and client recaps.
- Work with vendors and businesses to secure trade.
- Coordinate purchase and inventory of promotional giveaway items and promotional supplies.
- Supervise and coordinate prize inventory and distribute prizes to winners.
- Prepare press releases.
- Submit station broadcast orders for events and promotional partners.
- Schedule all station remotes and appearances.
- Attend station remotes as needed.
- Assist with securing food for remote events.
- Attend weekly sales meetings and other meetings as needed.
- Write station promos and assure they are produced in a timely manner.
- Oversee select accounts with promotional components.
- Confirm and attend area job fairs, host studio tours and career day events.
- Manage station internship program.
- Coordinate community partners report, ASCAP, and corporate requests.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned and consistent with the position.
Requirements for this position include the following:
- Ability to create, communicate, and implement strategies and vision.
- Proven track record of running successful and profitable events and promotions.
- Ability to grow the business and find new revenue opportunities, as well as create productive, long-term promotional and event relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have a valid driver license and current auto insurance.
Preference may be given to candidates who have the above experience plus the following:
- Previous experience in broadcast media or marketing field.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in communications, marketing or related field or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a fast moving, growing entity submit your cover letter and resume ASAP by clicking the Apply button.
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.