Max Media of Hampton Roads is seeking a Marketing and Promotions Director for our Norfolk / Virginia Beach stations. You’ll oversee promotions and marketing for great brands like 97.3 The Eagle, 92.9 The Wave, Hot 100, 94.1 ESPN and Money Talk 1310 and 100.9.
- Manage station promotions from concept through execution and recap.
- Manage station promotion calendar and on-air promo inventory.
- Plan and execute on-air contesting and manage prize inventory.
- Develop an intimate knowledge of each brand and develop fun and exciting promotions that connect with each station’s unique audience.
- Manage event calendar and ensure staffing at all station events.
- Work with Digital Director to ensure all web contesting is executed properly.
- Manage staff of Promotions Assistants to ensure station presents a fun, family-friendly party image at all events.
- Work closely with sales staff to ensure client delight with station promotions.
- Prepare contest rules and communicate with company’s legal department to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Moderate weekly promotions meetings with sales and programming staffs.
- Work with Program Directors on planning and execution of station’s promotional efforts at community and charity events.
- Develop proposals for promotional partners to ensure successful events and maximum exposure for the radio station.
Ideal candidate will have exceptional time-management and organizational skills and a passion for creating great brand identities. Proficient in Photoshop, MS Office Suite, and web-based Content Management System for station’s website. College degree in Marketing or equivalent experience preferred.
This is a rare opportunity to work for a locally owned company doing live radio that connects with our community. At the beach no less!
MMHR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.