Technical Media Producer
The Technical Media Producer has the general responsibility for directing live or pre-recorded productions as assigned, monitoring station’s on-air signals, transmitter, and FCC logs, and ingesting daily programming and commercials. Regular assignments will involve directing specific newscasts, misc. station productions, and various elements for the web channel. The shift will primarily be Wednesday through Sunday 3pm to midnight. Other days and hours may be required, including holidays. Consistent tardiness will not be tolerated, and candidate must have suitable transportation to work, including during inclement weather conditions. The successful candidate will possess strong communication and people skills and an operating knowledge of PCs.
• Operating: Ross Overdrive automation, Ross production video switcher, MCR / Harris automation, Platinum House routing system, VizRT graphics, Adobe Photoshop.
· Successful candidate will operate supporting equipment in Production/Master Control - including the ability to effectively perform operations with robotic camera, prompter, audio and a working knowledge of in-house web production.
• Direct live and pre-recorded productions as assigned for WHSV
• Understanding of FCC broadcast regulations
• Occasional operation of Edius editing software
• Work with AVID iNEWS, newsroom computer system
• Understanding of all equipment in studios and production areas
• Dedication to care of equipment
• Work closely with all other departments to meet all daily demands
• Training of new personnel as assigned
• Assist in maintaining clean studios and production areas
• Variable work schedule due to changing shifts, turnover, station projects, etc.
• Other Duties as Assigned
• Sitting or standing for long periods of time.
• Good or corrected hearing and vision.
• Good English speaking skills, the ability to speak clearly.
• Ability to carry moderately heavy equipment, cameras, tripods, monitors (greater than 50 lbs.).
• Possibility of in working extreme weather conditions.
• Potential exposure to high noise or unusual light levels.
• Ability to work on studio lighting fixtures on a ladder – higher than 10 ft.
• Work schedule will vary due to production/operation demands, or possible permanent schedule changes.
• Work assignments will at times include morning, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Regular and reasonable work attendance required. Consistent tardiness will not be tolerated.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Please apply online at www.gray.tv/applynow
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of WHSV’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.