Lockwood Broadcast Group (WCAV-CBS, WVAW-ABC, FOX Virginia) is looking for a full time WEEKEND METEOROLOGIST / MULTIMEDIA JOURNALIST to join our team in our brand-new state of the art studio located in Charlottesville, Virginia.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Creating accurate forecasts and attention-grabbing graphics for station newscasts;
- Assisting other weather staff as directed in times of severe and non-severe weather, vacations, weekends, holidays, emergencies, and other occasions; Reporting of weather-related stories;
- Reporting of news stories three days per week as directed by the News Director;
- Updating and maintaining station social media accounts;
- Participating in school visits and station-related public appearances and activities;
The ideal candidate will possess a good attitude, dependable team-based work ethic, strong on-camera presence, and either a Bachelor of Science degree in meteorology or a CBM/NWA Television Seal of Approval.
Prior commercial television weather and reporting experience are preferred but recent college graduates are encouraged to apply. Experience with WSI MAX and social media platforms is a plus. An excellent driving record is mandatory.
If you are interested in working in a city that is consistently voted one of the best places in America to live, has four distinct seasons, and has access to the ocean, mountains, and big cities within a three-hour drive, please e-mail your resume, cover letter, and reel links to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS.
Lockwood Broadcast Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Pre-employment drug test is required along with a background screen as allowed by federal, state, and local laws and regulations.