WCAV in Charlottesville, VA is seeking a highly motivated news director to lead our talented staff.
· Manage all aspects of news department
· Plan, staff and train news department
· Develop news coverage for station and digital platforms
· Quality control news stories to correct errors and improve content
· Assigns news staff as needed
· Develop strategy for news content to meet station goals while collaborating with Creative Services and Sales departments to ensure those goals are met
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
· Able to use Microsoft Office
· Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize assignments
· Effective listener with ability to mentor news talent
· Ability to work as a team leader for news staff
· Ability to work as a team player with other station departments
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
· Be able to multi-task
· 5 years working in a newsroom
· 2 years working as a news director or assistant news director
· Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
The ideal candidate will possess excellent news judgment, motivational skills, and the ability to find and develop talent.
Send resume to: John Cochrane at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lockwood Broadcast Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Pre-employment drug test is required along with a background screen as allowed by federal, state, and local laws and regulations.