Digital Content Producer:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 91 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WHSV is located in Harrisonburg, Virginia situated in the Shenandoah Valley. We have been consistently honored for our journalism by the Associated Press and Virginia Association of Broadcasters. Our team produces nearly 30 hours of local news each week. We strive to bring our viewers the best content on all platforms. Harrisonburg is a thriving community located two hours from Washington, D.C. and Richmond. We operate the market's ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX affiliates.
WHSV is searching for our next Digital Content Producer. If you have a passion for all-things digital and are a "news junkie", we want to hear from you! This is a Monday-Friday position in our newsroom. Your day will begin by briefing the team on the highest performing digital posts and web content from the prior day. From there, you are responsible for creating and updating content on all our digital platforms (web, app, social media) throughout the day. This includes sending push alerts and setting up live streams during breaking news. This position requires you to oversee social efforts in the newsroom ensuring that all relevant platforms are getting the appropriate attention. You will be the station-level expert on all digital systems that are used in the Gray workflow and a proponent of best practices within the newsroom. Must have a "team player" and winning attitude in our newsroom.
- Lead the newsroom efforts in all-things digital. Keep our team updated on over performing stories and provide feedback for "best practices" to grow our content digitally.
- Must proofread and edit reporter content for digital platforms
- Oversee copyright policies for digital news product; responsibilities include gathering images and video from copyright-approved vendors
- Post accurate, fair and balanced content to our website WHSV.com; our app; social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Send push alerts on our app
- Coordinate breaking news coverage with news director, producers, production team
- Communicate with producers, reporters, anchors about news you see on-line so we can get news not only on digital, but broadcast.
- Learn new digital technologies. Must be able to coach, teach and provide our news team training on those technologies.
- News department representative in station "WebQC" meetings where you'll update other departments in the station on trends, happenings, news in the digital space.
- Train new hires on all our digital platforms (i.e. how to post content to the web, social media)
- Live our brand "Working Hard For You" and continue to grow our already successful digital platforms. Help us take us to the next level digitally.
- News department liaison with Gray's 24/7 Digital Content Center. Communicate with Gray affiliates on content-sharing.
- Meet deadlines
- Work independently
- A Broadcast Communications/Journalism degree
- Strong editing skills and a concise, journalistic writing style as well as the ability to respond swiftly to breaking news and unfolding events are a must.
- While primarily a weekday shift, must be willing to work all shifts especially during times of breaking news
- Must be a self-motivator, able to meet tight deadlines.
- Having strong verbal and written communication skills are a MUST!
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrates good news judgment and decision making
- Maintain a positive attitude and work environment
- Employment is contingent on a pre-employment drug screen and motor vehicle background check
Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.