Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 91 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WHSV is located in Harrisonburg, Virginia situated in the Shenandoah Valley. We have been consistently honored for our journalism by the Associated Press and Virginia Association of Broadcasters. Our team produces nearly 30 hours of local news each week. We strive to bring our viewers the best content on all platforms. Harrisonburg is a thriving community located two hours from Washington, D.C. and Richmond. We are the area's ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX affiliates.
WHSV-TV is accepting resumes for a full-time EDITOR. The successful candidate must have a passion for great storytelling through video. This position is responsible for editing video for our newscasts Monday-Friday. We're looking for someone who can tell a story through video, match video to scripts, and attach video to web stories. We’re looking for someone who can supply technical support in the newsroom when needed. This position will be called upon to run reporter live-shots via TVU and shoot video. Candidates must be familiar with non-linear editing and be able to work under tight deadlines. While primarily a "dayside" shift, must be willing to work all shifts from early mornings to late nights. Must be a team player with a positive attitude.
- Edit in-house and affiliate video for any newscast
- Attach video to reporter's web articles and write summaries
- Work closely with reporters and producers to cover news
- Run live shots using TVU; shoot reporter live shots; shoot breaking news video
- Creatively shoot and edit TSRs (longer form, in-depth reports)
- Work with promotions team on video needed to promote newscasts
- Gather news through excellent video; sometimes paired with reporters
- Train/coach reporters on "best practices" for shooting and editing video
- Take inventory of and maintain camera equipment/gear. Responsible for organization of equipment room
- Attend editorial meetings. Pitch at least one story per day to be considered as content. May occasionally report.
- A Broadcast Communications degree and/or technical training is a plus
- Must be familiar with non-linear editing. Knowledge of Final Cut Pro and Premiere editing software is a plus
- Desire to fly a drone and maintain FAA drone license is a plus
- The successful candidate will have a “can-do” attitude and maintain the ability to work well under pressure
- Employment is contingent on a pre-employment drug screen and motor vehicle background check
Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.