WCAV in Charlottesville, Virginia (CBS/ABC/FOX) has an opening for a weekend Meteorologist / weekday Multimedia Journalist.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assisting other weather staff as directed in times of severe and non-severe weather, vacations, weekends, holidays, and other occasions
- Updating station social media and online accounts
- Participating in school visits and other station-related public appearances and activities
- Reporting of weather and non-related weather stories as assigned by the News Director
- Produce, report, shoot, write, voice, edit, and feed news content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news viewers
WCAV is a small but aggressive newsroom, where we want to build a quality news product for our viewers, and help grow the next generation of Journalists. WCAV is part of the Lockwood Broad Group. We have a new building, new newsroom, new control room, new news set, new everything. We are located in the great city of Charlottesville, Virginia in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
If you are interested in working in a city that is consistently voted one of the best places in America to live, has four distinct seasons, and has access to the ocean, mountains, and big cities within a three-hour drive, please e-mail your resume, cover letter, and reel links to the News Director at firstname.lastname@example.org NO PHONE CALLS
EOE, drug-free workplace. Pre-screen drug test and backgorund check required.
Recent college graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Ideal candidates must possess a good attitude, a strong team-based work ethic
- a degree in Meteorology and/or Journalism, prior commercial television weather experience
- Experience with WSI MAX as well as social media platforms is a plus
- An excellent driving record is an absolute MUST
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius, and Streamline are preferred.
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines, and other office equipment
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Flexibility to work any shift