Lockwood Broadcast Group is looking for a News Reporter to join our team in our brand-new state of the art studio located in Charlottesville VA. Our newly acquired station WCAV, the CBS, Fox, and ABC affiliates of Charlottesville, VA has moved into their newly built studio and are looking for a talented News Reporter to drive news.
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Daily front multiple live shots
· Write copy for station digital content
· Demonstrate compelling storytelling using dynamic live shots
· Drive viewers to the station broadcasts and websites
· Produce newscasts for broadcasts across all platforms
· Work with management and on-air staff to generate and write stories
- Willing to work in Charlottesville, VA.
- Solid vocal delivery, camera presence, and clear enunciation
· Strong reporting skills
· Excellent reading, writing, spelling, grammar and organizational skills
· Degree in Journalism or related field
Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to multi-task
· Skilled interviewer, creative story teller and writer
· Strong live reporting skills; demonstrated ability to react in breaking news situations
· Proficient in photojournalism, editing and content management systems
· Excellent news judgment and ability to problem-solve.
- Ability to problem solve solo and in a group setting.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
If a brand-new studio with a team focused on quality and becoming market leaders sounds good to you, apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
Lockwood Broadcast Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Pre-employment drug test is required along with a background screen as allowed by federal, state, and local laws and regulations.