ABC7-DC has an immediate opening for a Sports Multimedia Journalist (MMJ). If you are a passionate and energetic storyteller who can enterprise and deliver fast-paced, visually compelling content on-air and online, then this may be the job for you. Our Sports MMJ will find and cover a variety of unique, local sports and sports-related human interest stories - with an emphasis on high school sports.
We need someone who understands the web/social media and can leverage skills across multiple platforms, while displaying in-depth technical knowledge of news production equipment including cameras and editing software. The ideal candidate will be able to bring our viewers and web consumers interesting, entertaining, outside-the-box conent - all while operating a variety of news production equipment effectively.
Skills and Experience:
- Must be a self-starter who thrives in fast-paced newsroom under deadline pressure and has experience in all facets of media
- Must have flexibility to research, shoot, edit, write and reort storeis, and be willing to put the time to track down important stories wherever they may lead.
- Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills
- Proficient at posting content to websites
- Must have sharp news judgement.
- Excellent technical skills
- The ability to work well independently
- Must have and maintain a valid license and a good driving record
Requirements and Qualifications:
- A minimum of 3 years reporting experience is required
- College degree in journalism or communications strongly preferred
- Experience with live shots is required
- Experience with Live-U is a plus
- Must be able to work flexible schedule as needed
- Must have mastery of social media tools, including Facebook and twitter and must understand how to properly leverage their use on-air and online
- Expected to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including, internet, social networking sites and mobile phones, in addition to television
Please click here to apply: https://edyy.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_2002/job/1147/?utm_medium=jobshare
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!