ABC7-DC has an immediate opening for an energetic and creative Good Morning Washington Executive Producer to oversee 6 1/2 hours of news content. We want a leader with a proven success-driven track record to lead our morning news teams on ABC7 & 24/7 on TV and Digital. This is a big picture managment position supervising the planning, production and execution of our live shows in studio and out in the field. You must understand the vision of GMW and keep us on brand all the time. You must be able to drive our coverage on digital first with a hearty strategy for making sure GMW owns coverage on our app and social media first! This is a big position that requires passion, endurance and perseverance!
You will work closely with the Senior Producer, producers, anchors, reports, editors, photojournalists and crew on daily and long term coverage. If you are up for the challenge, this job is as much a community leader as a newsroom leader.
Some additional responsibilities of our Executive Producer will include
- Oversee daily newscasts to ensure we are serving our local communities by sharing relevant information to alert, protect and empower our audiences
- Supervise producers and reporters, as well as, review and approve scripts and provide feedback to encourage powerful storytelling
- Manage news room and handle breaking news situations to empower and grow our audiences
- Collaborate with News Directors and other station managers to create special segments
- Planning and overseeing continuity into upcoming newscasts
- Ability to manipulate rundowns in iNews, add graphics and superrs
- Work hand-n-hand with the Senior Producer on planning
- Collaborate with Digital EP & Social Media Manager to consistently promote our GMW strategy on those platforms
What skills do you need to be successful in our role?
- Proven track record of creating compelling and engaging stories across multiple platforms
- Ability to preform well under pressure, experience managing breaking news and meeting strict deadlines
- Ability to identity problems and provide solutions
- A strong commitment to journalistic standards and ethics
- Extraordinary people skills with an emphasis on coaching and motivating
- Strong understanding of how to drive digital traffic
- Minimum of 4 (years exp) producing in a television news environment or equivalent
- A college degree in Journalism or a related field is preferred
- Strong writing skills and a proven track record for getting results on initiatives
- Must be flexible on work hours
- Experience in iNews, Asix graphics, Tagboard, CrowdTangle, Powerpoint preferred.
- Great people skills with an emphasis on coaching and motivating
To apply, please visit https://edyy.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_2002/job/1118/?utm_medium=jobshare.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!