WFIR Radio in Roanoke‚ Virginia is looking for the next person to lead our award-winning newsroom.
This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity for the right person to oversee and develop the following:
- A four-hour morning newscast
- Daily newscasts on WFIR and‚ with separate content‚ WLNI Radio in Lynchburg
- Morning content for our co-owned‚ market-leading music stations
- Local content for our co-owned sports station
- Content for our web sites
The ideal candidate possesses qualities that include:
- Significant broadcast news experience
- Exhibit strong writing skills and news judgment
- Be fluent in both broadcast audio and internet news software
- Ability to lead and motivate a productive multi-person news staff
- Mentor newsroom staff; develop reporting and presentation skills
You will work for a locally-owned broadcast company that still values the importance of local news to serving its community.
Please send cover letter‚ resume and work samples to: Cheryl Skinner‚ HR Director 3934 Electric Road Roanoke‚ VA. 24018 Email: email@example.com