As Virginia’s home for public media, VPM connects nearly 2 million people across Central Virginia and the Shenandoah Valley to insightful programming in arts and culture, history, science, news and education. As an independent, non-profit service, we believe attracting and retaining diverse staff is crucial to serving our community and fulfilling our mission to create and serve a more informed public.
The Account Executive reports to the Director of Business Sponsorship and is responsible for securing and maintaining funding from business sponsors. The ideal candidate is skilled in the art of sales and wants to help align businesses with award-winning public media.
• Prospects and contacts potential clients for radio and television program funding, similar to advertising sales in broadcast media.
• Establishes and maintains on-going communication with clients and prospects.
• Prepares underwriting materials and proposals for new and existing supporters.
• Prepares contracts for clients.
• Handles internal communications to assure fulfillment of contractual obligations and accurate record keeping.
• Appears on-air during membership and fundraising drives.
• Develops marketing materials and packages for clients.
• High school diploma or equivalent experience.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent inter-personal skills and positive attitude.
• Excellent customer-service skills.
• Self-motivated and collaborative.
• Experience with Microsoft applications in a Windows environment.
• Experience working in database software.
• Possesses a passion for public media.
• Ability to work flexible hours, when necessary.
• Valid Virginia driver’s license.
Apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will remain open until filled.
EOE M/F/D/V VPM reserves the right to alter, change, modify, and/or terminate this job posting at any time without notice, or obligation, to any party.