WCAV CBS 19 in Charlottesville, VA is looking for an Anchor. This person will co-Anchor our evening and late newscasts. The ideal candidate is a strong writer with 3-5 year of television newsroom experience under their belt who can deliver the news on camera in an engaging way. Previous reporting, producing, and web publishing experience is desired. This person needs to be someone who can tell the stories of Charlottesville and Central Virginia in a compelling way. This person needs to be able to react to breaking news, work well with others, and stay cool under pressure.
WCAV is a small but aggressive newsroom, where we want to build a quality news product for our viewers, and help grow the next generation of Journalists.
WCAV (CBS/ABC/FOX) is part of the Lockwood Broadcast Group. We have a new building, new newsroom, new control room, new news set, new everything. We are located in the great city of Charlottesville, Virginia in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
If you are interested in working in a city that is consistently voted one of the best places in America to live, has four distinct seasons, and has access to the ocean, mountains, and big cities within a three-hour drive, please e-mail your resume, cover letter, and reel links to the News Director at firstname.lastname@example.org NO PHONE CALLS
EOE, drug-free workplace. Pre-screen drug test and backgound test required.
- Ideal candidates must possess a good attitude, a strong team-based work ethic
- a degree in Journalism or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education & work-related experience, prior commercial television experience is necessary
- Must have the ability to handle live, breaking news
- Must be able to writing, review, produce, and edit the news of the day
- Must have a strong vocal delivery, camera presence, and clear enunciation
- Possess strong reporting skills
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius, and Streamline are preferred.
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines, and other office equipment
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Reviews copy and will correct errors in content, grammar, and punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines
- Use our social media and website to build and reinforce brand recognition and drive viewers to television
- Determines a story's emphasis, length, and format, and organizes material accordingly
- Flexibility to work any shift
- An excellent driving record is an absolute MUST
- Perform other duties as assigned