The News Producer produces daily newscasts deciding content‚ the order in which stories will be told‚ writes teases and other content‚ times news programs and writes stories for our website and social media.
We want someone with superior writing skills: someone who can tell stories in a clear and compelling way.
We also want someone who can think visually and can help craft a show instead of stacking one story on top of another.
We also want someone who is always looking for newest‚ freshest stories to put in a newscast and who can react to breaking news‚ stay cool under pressure‚ and work well with others.
A degree in journalism or related field is required.
Newsroom experience (even in the form of an internship) is preferred.
Please visit: www.nexstar.tv to access all career opportunities for WRIC-TV and Nexstar Media Group‚ Inc.
WRIC-TV is an equal opportunity employer.
- Produces newscasts for broadcast across all platforms
- Writes and orders news stories
- Approves scripts
- Balances news content to create compelling broadcasts
- Edits video
- Writes stories for the website and other eMedia platforms
- Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
- Degree in Journalism‚ or a related field‚ or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills‚ both oral and written
- Proficiency with computers‚ telephones‚ copiers‚ scanners‚ fax machines and other office equipment
- Ability to meet deadlines‚ prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Flexibility to work any shift
If you like wild growth and working with happy‚ enthusiastic over-achievers‚ you’ll enjoy your career with us!